Tuesday, March 24, 2009

End of week 2- nice gains (after some sad losses)

The second week of the frugal poker journey started off pretty well, doing decently still playing at the micro stakes tables. I was somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 about 5 days ago, but then I started playing some $1 45 person sit-and-go (SNG) tournaments, which technically break the Chris Ferguson approved buy in maximums for proper bankroll management. Oops... Anyways, I played a number of these, ending up at the final table in most cases, but with only the top 6 being paid out, it actually is a little difficult to end up in the money. I had two 6th place finishes and this morning, at about 2:30 AM, I ended up winning a tournament and taking home the grand prize of $17.10. Man was I excited.

So here is the bankroll heading into the start of week 3:

2 comments:

  1. Stay the course on the cash games. We can talk sng strategy when the bankroll is a little fatter.

    Awesome job running it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fat bankroll... Can't wait for that :D ...

    ReplyDelete