Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Been 3 weeks... but it's going decently!

I finally cracked my first $100 on my last post, a little more than 3 weeks ago. In the meantime, I read "Online Ace" by Scott Fischman (compliments of ohcaptain's poker bookshelf).



I really liked this book, and it was a quick read. Not a whole lot terribly new if you have read many hold 'em books, but still entertaining. The part that hit me the most was how adamantly Fischman advocates multitabling. I was somewhat cautious about going down this avenue, as I had been doing pretty decently focusing on a single table at a time, as advised in "Killer Poker Online". However, I find that at the stakes that I am typically playing ($2 SNG), the other players don't necessarily take your past actions into account on how to play their hand. It is based only on their cards, no stories are told, no reads are attempted to be made. In this regard, I think that just playing like a "Poker Robot" as Fischman advises may work at these tables. I started slow (with just 2 tables), but liked the multitabling aspect, especially since I typically only play 1-2 hours a day. If I did a single SNG, that may take about an hour, so my return would be significantly slower. Since I was able to build up the bankroll a bit, I felt comfortable undertaking this experiment. The results were good and nowadays you probably won't find me at less than 4 tables at once :D

It took a long time to get to that first $100, but in the last 3 weeks, I have rolled my bankroll up to about $200. See?



I also have nearly 5000 Full Tilt Academy credits (mostly from the SNG challenges, which were repeated 10 times each) and am in debate about what to do with these points. I can straight-up trade in these credits for Full Tilt Points, which would nab me the hat I was looking at 5 months ago, or I can use 5000 credits to redeem for a $26 Token. I am really leaning towards the token, but am fearful that my skills which are honed in at the low stakes may falter at this higher buyin and end up being a waste. Any thoughts?

Also, I received my Full Tilt hoodie (complements of the good boys over at ESPN's Poker Edge) this last week. Pretty sweet... Thanks Feldman and Wyman! I got a black one:

1 comment: