Monday, May 11, 2009

Not much to see here, move along...

After going over to ohcaptain's house this weekend for a graduation celebration, it became apparent that many people were looking for some sort of update on the Frugal Poker Endeavor. Well, it's been a couple weeks since my last post, and the reasons for this are many:

1) Spending less time playing online, leading to less in the way of updates
2) Spending more time on work related items, leading to less in the way of updates
3) Spending more time on home related items, leading to less in the way of updates

I guess that about sums it up. As of right now, I am sitting at a bankroll of about $25, so down a little from last time, but my Full Tilt points have nearly doubled, implying that I am essentially just spinning my wheels when I do play. I've gotten into the challenges of the Full Tilt Poker Academy, and find that this concept is probably just put forth by Full Tilt to make you lose your money faster :D ... Although I have accomplished a few of the challenges so far. It makes it for an interesting test of yourself when playing in the cash games, which haven't been doing so hot.

Where I have been doing significantly better is in the SNG's... primarily the 9 person. Compliments of SharkScope (since I refuse to pay money for any other poker tracking related software), it appears that my ROI is significantly better on $2 tables, with an ROI of about 16%, but an overall average ROI of 5% when all games are included. I think that I need to bag the $1 crapshoots, and stick with solid play at the $2 whenever it is that I get a chance to play.

And hopefully there is more exciting things to post in the near future...

2 comments:

  1. Fellow SE MN casual poker player here...I use Poker Dominator (www.pokerdominator.com) to track my poker sessions (online and home games). Great stats and best of all IT IS FREE! :-) You can even import sessions using an Excel template.

    I've been focusing on the SNG's as well. I'm playing mostly $1 and $2 to try and slowly build my bankroll up.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice fellow resident! I love the freeness, I'll definitely have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete