Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back on track...

Well, although I was lucky enough to hit that royal flush that I posted last time, my bankroll continually went in the wrong direction... (Cue the sad music).
I am back in the game and trying to play much better. In an attempt to do this, I have been reading quite a few books on the topic, including the quintessential Harrington on Hold Em series (Vol. I and II) and David Skalansky's Tournament Poker for Advanced Players. These books are great for tournament strategy and have been quite useful, especially in the sit and gos (SNG)...

As of last night, I was sitting with about $17 in the account, after taking 2nd in a 45 person SNG, netting me about $11 and 1st in a 9 person SNG (giving me $4.50). I am significantly happier with my play as of late, and have a good feeling going into the tables/SNG tournaments tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Your tagline is perhaps the most guffaw-worthy line I have seen in months. i am still going to be chuckling over that tomorrow. :D Good luck with your noble pursuit of gambling on the cheap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So OhCaptain is your friend? You don't root for the Twins, do you? I was hoping that some of OhCaptain's friends might see the light and root for the White Sox. Why, OhCaptain himself likes the pale hose (http://lightning36.blogspot.com/2009/04/everyone-is-jumping-on-bandwagon-thomes.html).

    Hope to see you in the blogger donkey tournaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Bloglands population who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good enough for OhCaptain, almost good enough for me. ;)

    Welcome to the community!

    ReplyDelete